Learning how to use the Echo Dot as a network extender can help extend the range of your eero network system to eliminate Wi-Fi dead spots.
In addition to being some of the The best mesh Wi-Fi systems Available today, eero network routers are now compatible with 4th and 5th generation Echo Dot smart speakers. When combined with a compatible eero router, you can use the Echo Dot to extend your wireless coverage even further.
To be able to use a file echo dot As a network extender it makes a lot of sense, because doing so is much cheaper than having to upgrade your network system. For example, if you own an eero 6 or eero 6+ but still have breakpoints, you can expand your network further with an Echo Dot or even multiple points, rather than having to upgrade to Eero Pro 6 software or the eero Pro 6E.
Here’s how to use the Echo Dot as a network extender with the eero router.
How to use the Echo Dot as a mesh extender
- Open the eero app
- Click on the Discover tab
- Select Amazon Connected Home
- Click on the built-in eero
- Enable the built-in eero
- Check to make sure your devices are connected
Read on to view the detailed instructions for each step.
1. Open the eero app on your smartphone. You also want to check and make sure that you are running the latest version of the app. let’s do it, Click on Settings at the bottom right and Open the software version. If you see “Your software is up to date!” Move on to the next step, if not application event to the latest version before starting.
2. Click on the Discover tab at the bottom of the screen next to Settings.
3. Select Amazon Connected Home under eero Plus and press Contact Amazon. Follow the instructions on the screen and Sign in with your Amazon account. If your Amazon and eero accounts are already linked, you can skip this step and proceed to the next step.
4. Press the built-in eero At the top of the Alexa Smart Home menu on the Amazon Connected home page.
5. Enable the built-in eero By moving the blue toggle button from off to on.
6. Check to make sure your devices are connected. If you plan to use a new Echo Dot with eero Built-in, it may appear offline once you complete the previous step. if this happens, Click on the device name To find out why it is offline. The 4th and 5th generation Echo Dot (with and without watches) should be as well Updated to the latest software before using it with a built-in eero. Ask Alexa Check for software updates And wait for any updates to install. A must have for your Echo Dot devices appear online inside the eero app.
And there you have it. Echo Dot devices will now act as network extenders for your eero router. If you find that there are still Wi-Fi dead spots around your home, you can try moving them around and using one Best speed test apps To test your connection. Looking for other ways to improve your home internet, check out our guide on How to set up an online backup of eeroAnd the How do you know who is connected to your Wi-Fi? And the How to get faster internet at home for free.
What devices are compatible with the eero compact?
Eero Compact is compatible with eero, eero Pro, eero 6, eero Pro 6, eero 6+, and eero Pro 6E, as well as with Echo (4th Gen), Echo Dot (4th Gen), Echo Dot with Clock (4th Gen), and Echo Dot ( 5th generation) and Echo Dot with clock (5th generation). Please note that the built-in eero software is not compatible with Echo Show 5, Echo Show 8, or Echo Show 15.
How far can the Echo Dot extend my Wi-Fi?
No matter which version of Echo Dot you use with your eero router, each smart speaker adds up to 1,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage.
What speeds can I expect and how many devices can be connected?
Each Echo Dot added to the eero mesh has a maximum speed of 100Mbps and can support up to 10 devices. While this may not sound like a lot of bandwidth compared to the maximum speeds supported by each eero node, it is more than enough to stream HD or 4K videos and have several devices connected online at once.
#Echo #Dot #WiFi #extender