Ryo Hatate and Kyogo Furuhashi each scored a brace as Celtic lost to St Johnstone to move nine points clear at the top of the Scottish Premier League.
Kyogo’s double from close range followed Katat’s opening goal after a defensive disaster from St Johnstone.
The caretaker full-back grabbed his second goal after the break, before Dre Wright scored a consolation.
Substitute David Turnbull for Celtic was shown a late red card.
However, the midfielder’s heavy challenge on Remy Matthews made little difference to the outcome with St Johnstone remaining fifth.
More to track.
how to play
Rate players out of 10 during or after the game. The resident will close 30 minutes after the final whistle.
Classification range key = give up = absolute perfection
formation – formation 4-3-3
- 41The hatred
- 20Carter VickersBooked in 33 minutes
- 33O’Reillyreplaced withHaksapanovicin a 63′Session minutes
- 13MoyBooked at 13 minutesreplaced withTurnbullin a 79 ‘Session minutesBooked in 90 minutes
- 49Forrestreplaced withforeverin a 62 ‘Session minutes
- 8Furuhashireplaced withGiacomakisin a 68 ‘Session minutes
- 38Maedareplaced withNevis Philipin a 63′Session minutes
- 17Nevis Philip
formation – formation 5-3-2
- 14I have seen
- 22Hallbergreplaced withMitchellin a 62 ‘Session minutes
- 34PhillipsBooked in 16 minutesreplaced withMacPhersonin a 62 ‘Session minutes
- 23curryreplaced withCrawfordin a 79 ‘Session minutes
- 37Clarkreplaced withMcLennanin a 62 ‘Session minutes
- 7Couldreplaced withBearin a 87 ‘Session minutes
- to rule:
- Kevin Clancy
Match ends, Celtic 4, St Johnstone 1.
End of the second half, Celtic 4, St Johnstone 1.
missed attempt. Lil Abada (Celtic) right footed shot from the center of the box is too high. With the help of Reo Hatate.
Offside, St. Johnston. Remy Matthews attempts a through ball, but Conor McLennan is caught offside.
David Turnbull (Celtic) shows the red card.
VAR decision: David Turnbull (Celtic) has been promoted.
The delay is over. They are willing to continue.
Delayed match due to injury to Remy Matthews (St Johnstone).
Foul by David Turnbull (Celtic).
Remy Matthews (St Johnstone) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Celtic corner. Awarded to him by Dre Wright.
Lil Obada (Celtic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Fault by Andrew Considine (St Johnstone).
missed attempt. Lil Obada (Celtic) right footed shot from the right side of the penalty area is high and wide to the right. With the assistance of David Turnbull.
missed attempt. Utah (Celtic) right footed shot from the center of the penalty area misses to the right. With the help of Lil Cult.
Attempt is prohibited. JOTA (Celtic) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Callum McGregor.
missed attempt. Carl Starvelt (Celtic) header from the middle of the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by David Turnbull with a cross after a corner.
Replace, St. Johnstone. Theo Beer replaces Stevie May.
Celtic corner. Awarded to Remy Matthews.
Attempt saved. Giorgos Giakomakis (Celtic) saved with his right foot from the center of the penalty area in the middle of the goal. With the help of Lil Cult.
#Kyogo #Hatate #inspire #Celts #beat #Saints