A woman has revealed she left a tampon inside herself for two years, saying she thought she had Lyme disease until she finally saw a gynecologist.
Melanie Galise, 22, from Massachusetts, first shared her harrowing story in a now-viral TikTok video that shows her lip-synching the words to Lana Del Rey’s Mariners Apartment Complex.
“When I accidentally left a tampon on for two years, but I was literally just a teenage girl,” the author of “Just for Tonight” wrote in the onscreen text.
“Not my proudest moment,” she added in the caption.
Melanie Gallese, 22, from Massachusetts, revealed in a now viral TikTok video that she accidentally left a tampon inside herself two years ago when she was a teenager.
The short clip has garnered more than 16.2 million views and 28,000 comments since it was posted on Dec. 8.
Many TikTok users were baffled by her admission and wondered how You have not had toxic shock syndrome (TSS) – a very serious bacterial infection.
“How did you not get toxic shock,” one person commented, while another asked, “You want to change it every two hours, not every two years.”
Galeaz shared the full story in a follow-up video, admitting that she spent years thinking her gynecological problems were related to Lyme disease.
“When I was little, I was bitten by a deer tick and I had all the symptoms of Lyme disease,” she explained. “But the tests were kind of confusing whether or not I had it.”
In a follow-up video, Galise explains that she spent years thinking her gynecological problems were related to Lyme disease because she was bitten by a deer tick when she was a child.
Galise said doctors gave her medication to treat her symptoms, and she was “fine” until her sophomore year of high school.
“I started feeling all this pain in my body and some terrible things were going on in the South,” she recalls. I went to the doctor, but didn’t really mention the problems going south, which I know was my fault.
But the doctor was really ignoring me, and he was mean. It was really embarrassing. I was 14 years old, and it was really disgusting and embarrassing, so I didn’t want to deal with it.
“I was just hoping that maybe it was something related to Lyme disease and that I could just ignore it with medication and it would go away.” ”
Gallese said the medication she was given helped relieve the pain, but there was no improvement in her gynecological symptoms.
Galise said she started having pain and “trouble happens in the south” at age 14, but she was embarrassed and never disclosed all her symptoms to her doctor
Galiz ignored the symptoms for another two years until she finally went to see a gynecologist. I remembered how the doctor gasped after he found the tampon stuck inside her
‘when I’m getting stressed about something, which I’m ignoring, so I don’t have to deal with it until it goes away. “[That] It never works, especially in this case.
Two years later, she’s a freshman in college, and she’s still having problems. This time, she chose to see a gynecologist.
She added that there was a period when she had a total of three tampons inside herself as a teenager
‘She opened me up, and I looked in, gasping,’ she recalls. I’m like, “Okay, that’s not what you want to hear.” You don’t want to hear someone gasp when they look inside you.
Then she said, “You have a tampon stuck horizontally under your cervix.” And I said, “What? What did you just say?”
“Let’s just say it hurt to get it out because it was dissolving inside of me, so it kept breaking out and it was an unpleasant experience.”
Galise noticed that the gynecologist didn’t believe her when she said the tampon had been in her for two years.
She was like, “This hasn’t stuck inside of you for two years.” I’m like, “Okay, I’ve had these issues for two years, so I don’t know what to tell you,” she explained.
My disbelief is fair. Honestly, I don’t have proof. The tampon and I have since parted ways. All the pain in my body wasn’t Lyme disease. I don’t even think I have Lyme disease…
Many TikTok users were baffled by her confession and wondered how she didn’t get toxic shock syndrome (TSS) – a very dangerous bacterial infection.
Doctors think I got some kind of infection in my body from the tampon, which makes sense. This was just a physical reaction.
For everyone asking about the scent… [come] From a family that would totally destroy me because of the smell if it smelled. she insisted.
“Sometimes it smelled really bad, and I was really sad to think that I naturally smelled like that, so I figured out ways to mask it and it worked.”
If the story wasn’t shocking enough, she shared that there was a period when she had a total of three tampons inside herself as a teenager.
“During that two-year period, I took one out and another one came out, and I had no idea anyone was there for it,” she said. So I had one in me for two years, one in me for an unknown amount of time, and one in me for eight hours.
That’s the story. Please be nice to me. It was stupid, but I’m sensitive. She pleads at the end of the video not to be mean.
#woman #reveals #left #tampon #years #thought #Lyme #disease