After receiving a lively update in the free Advanced Edition last summer, Subset Games’ Into The Breach continues to be a mainstay of turn-based tactics playtime. According to a recent post from the developers on the game’s Reddit forum, a new update will be rolling out soon to the game, bringing several bug fixes and improvements our way (thanks, Nintendo Everything).
Among these changes are tweaks to some in-game achievements (“Let’s Walk” and “Pacifist”), improved visibility on certain tiles and a switch-specific change that allows for greater touchscreen control – one of the best additions to the game, if you asked us.
The version 1.2.88 update will be rolling out to Steam first and foremost, before moving to Switch in the coming weeks. For all the details on what’s included in the latest release, check out the full patch notes below:
Breach version 1.2.88 (coming soon)
– Fixed hard cloning of exploit cores which includes an undo option in the store
– Fixed repair platform for exploiting achievements involving healing and using “Undo Move”
-The Plasmodia, Spider, and Blubber bosses will deal damage properly from Void Shocker
– Kills from Void Shocker will properly trigger effects on death and XP
– Frame limit setting and end turn confirmation setting
– The Alpha Vek icon (important for color blind mode) has been restored for some new enemies
– Removed Earth Mover / Mine Bots from the Attack Order screen. They don’t have queue attacks, so any positional command is misleading.
– Restored terrain icons in situations where a fire might obscure other tile information (conveyor belts, cracked, etc.)
-Using an Enrage Shot to make an enemy’s attack blank space will now appropriately trigger a Void Shocker
– Improved the logic for determining if a tile is “dangerous” to calculate the units being pushed. This is useful for Enemy AI, Pod Placement, and more.
– Enemies must not appear behind the player in the Forest Fire mission (rare issue)
-Earth Mover tiles will not start as cracked
– Possible fix: The game can crash when there is nowhere for the pawns to spawn
– The “Let’s Walk” achievement will now only count enemies (as shown in the text)
– ‘Small’ enemies will no longer count towards the ‘Peaceful’ achievement (which makes it easier)
– Fixed a bug around retinal protection to make it more consistent
– ACID will now remove Vek Mites even if the pilot has thick skin
-Fixed the extremely rare instances of Vek corpses being pushed around when they shouldn’t
Fixed several bugs around the weapon effect preview UI
-Torrent push order has been modified to make the results more consistent with the impact preview
– Minor text/UI issues fixed
Ministry of Defense Assistants:
– The pilot skill “Blacklist” is now part of the scripts
The “modloader.lua” -Blank file is now in the script file to help load the mod
– Added “GetFTLPilots” to pilot.lua to create a secret pod pilot list.
– Added pawn access: SetBoosted (boolean) for scripts
– A new Netflix software update has been incorporated to improve stability and Netflix sign-in issues
-Enable the option to disable “Stretch Scaling” on mobile/tablet platforms
– Minor UI issues fixed
– The developer console has been fixed and will work as expected (three finger swipe to open + close after entering a console command)
We don’t have an exact date for when the update will roll out to Switch, though the post does say it’s coming “in the next couple of weeks.” We’ll be sure to keep you updated when changes are made.
Are you still playing in rags? Drop in the comments below to let us know!
#breach #update #full #patch #notes