The state of the world the way it is, I’d hate to put any more stress on any of you, especially on Christmas Eve. But I’m afraid it’s inevitable, because for the 22nd year, it’s time to test your knowledge of the holiday season.
Hey, it beats shopping.
I saw a T-shirt advertised for sale on Facebook last week that said, “It’s so weird being my age,” which perfectly says how I feel a lot of the time. On the bright side, being a senior citizen who never grew up helped me come up with the perfect mix of questions about holiday movies, TV, music, and other trivia from yesterday and today. My hips are fake, but my hips are real.
I know how competitive some families can be. I just ask that you treat underachieving test takers more kindly than my family did when we ran the annual neighborhood college football game when I was growing up and ask the last place finisher to take a picture in their idiot hat.
However, if your family feels compelled to adopt this tradition, I’d love to see pictures of the losers. let’s start. I will post the answers at the end. Don’t peek.
1. This legendary producer-later-turned-assassin-applied his Wall of Sound technology to some great Christmas music:
a. John Wayne Gacy; Burt Bacharach; George Martin; Phil Spector
2. The Bible says that he was sent to bear witness to Jesus, the light of the world:
a. Ibrahim. Isaiah John the Baptist. Dr. Musa
3. The segment involving this character created by Alec Baldwin is a staple of the annual “Saturday Night Live” Christmas shows:
a. Shwedy’s house b. Donald Trump; jack ryan d. Ed Grimley
4. Friends Elf Said Fake Santa Smells Like:
a. beer and cheese. Elon Musk C Mint. Dr.. Beef and cheese
5. The most hated Christmas song, according to a 2020 poll:
a. “Wonderful Christmas”; B. “Santa Baby”; c. “Grandma got run over by a reindeer”; Dr.. “Christmas shoes”
6. This president first declared December 25th a national holiday:
James Garfield James Madison Abraham Lincoln. Dr.. Ulysses Grant
7. How many reindeer pull Santa’s sleigh in “A Visit from St. Nicholas” (you might know it as “Twas the Night Before Christmas”)?
a 6; b 8; 9; D 2
8. Creating the first string of electric lights:
a. Thomas Edison; Benjamin Franklin; Nikola Tesla; Clark Griswold
9. British Prime Minister Hugh Grant, accompanied by his chauffeur, sang this on “Love Actually”:
Leap”; B. “Good King Wenceslas”; C. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”; D. “Joy to the World”
10. Jade, according to a popular kids’ variation on “Jingle Bells”:
a. Joker. batman; Jim Santa; Dr.. Robin
11. What Santa said to Ralphie:
a. “Have you been a good little boy?” ; B. “You’ll shoot yourself in the eye, kid”; c. “How about a nice football helmet?” ; Dr.. “Stop pulling my beard.”
12. Unhappy little boy spotted in the Polar Express home:
a. banned from twitter; Bell won’t ring. Hot chocolate was cold. D. He lost his bell
13. The first president to light the menorah in the White House:
a. Abraham lincoln. B. Ulysses Grant; Bill Clinton Ronald Reagan
14. “The hopes and fears of all the years” line from A Christmas Carol?
a. “She came at midnight clear”; B. “Away in Mander”. c. Oh little town of Bethlehem. Dr.. “silent night”
15. He died on Christmas Eve in the beloved Christmas movie:
a. Mr. Potter. Marv and Harry; Hans Gruber; D. Scrooge
16. The celebration of Christmas was forbidden because it was too pagan:
a. Elon Musk Militants C Spanish Inquisition. D. Quakers
17. When the kids sing “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” this is the right thing to shout in response to “They never let poor Rudolph join any reindeer game”:
a. Like George Washington. B. such as Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots; Jim as hungry hippos; D. Like a monopoly
18. In which book of the Bible do the Magi appear who came from the East to find Jesus?
a. Luke; John; Matthew. Dr.. Mark
19. Frosty was in his hand as he led the children to the village:
a. flute. B. Give. broom jim. Dr.. Snowball
20. Not a quote from Margo on “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation”:
a. “And why is the carpet all wet, Todd?” ; B. “If you want to come, you will have to disassemble [bleep] Bab!”; C. “Squirrrellllllllll!”; D. “Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!”
Well, let’s see how I did:
1. D 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. B 6. D 7. B 8. A 9. B 10. B 11. B 12. D 13. C 14. C 15. C 16. B 17. Dr. 18 c. 19. c. 20 c.
Merry Christmas. This stupid cap looks good on you.
Bill White can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. His Twitter handle is whitebil.
#Bill #White #Movies #Music #Magi #tests #knowledge #Christmas